Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pain Blocks, Hyper-intesity's in the Brain & Anti-aging / Herbal Medication

After seeing my GP about my eye he recommended that I see a well known Professor and helped me book my first appointment. I am so grateful for that because this Professor helped me see more results than ever before. After seeing me he immediately booked me into hospital and did an MRI angiogram scan for me, which takes scans of the blood vessels in the brain, the nurse mentioned that there were several hyper-intensity’s in the brain, but the Professor said I shouldn’t worry about it, he then gave me what they call “pain blocks” which is steroids / alcohol that they inject into your trigeminal nerve. The first time I got the pain block was January 2008, and it was injected into my neck about 8 times without anesthetic. I’ve never heard such a scream come out my mouth like that before, infact my family that came to visit me that day were all the way down the hall when they heard me scream.

Painful but it did the trick in stopping the cycle of attacks. The professor told me that the attacks I had all of December and January before he did the pain blocks was ONE LONG ATTACK! He said that every time I went into an emergency ward for Morphine or Valium or Voltaren, it was basically a quick fix because all it did was numb the pain and as soon as the medication wore off the pain was full on again. He also mentioned the more attacks you have the more it damages your Trigeminal nerve. So he also upped the dosage of medication that I was taking and added Trepiline to my meds. I then did research of my own on what Hyper-intensity’s were, and found out that its white matter in the brain which should only appear in older people, it’s almost like I’m a young person with an old person’s brain.

I then went back to my GP for something common and he asked me how everything went with the Professor, which I explained, he then told me that he went to a seminar that brought out this anti-aging medication that helped boost brain function, helped with migraines aswell as reduces pain that I get during my menstrual cycle. I was quite excited because I know the TN pain was very bad before and during my menstrual cycle, and I felt like I needed a brain booster to help me cope at work while being on allot of chronic anti-convulsants. The doctor assured me that the meds were all herbal and that they would not cause any side effects and if it helped then we could cut down on my chronic meds, which sounded great to me. I tried the meds, which were something like 16 capsules a day, by the 3rd or 4th day it felt like my stomach was trying to come out my mouth, I was faint, weak, nauseous and had terrible stomach cramps, I immediately stopped taking the meds. I also found it strange that hyper-intensity’s in the brain was only found in people advanced in age, and there was a doctor trying out anti-aging medication on me. Strange but an important point to notice.

I later found out that herbal meds are basically placebo to anyone that has a neurological disease and this needs real meds and medical procedures.

No comments:

Post a Comment