Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Orbital Solitary Fibrous Tumor & Trigeminal Neuralgia, Any Relation?

I have been wondering if either my Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN) caused my Solitary Fibrous Tumor (SFT) or my SFT caused my TN? Doctors say that there isn’t any relation to the two
.
After my first two TN major pain attacks I noticed the bulge in my right eye, my neurologist at the time suggested I see an Ophthalmologist who charged me a fortune to tell me it was just an eye infection. So this tumor was there since my TN was there at the very beginning.

After finding out that it was a tumor growing in my eye socket on the then TN affected side of my face and having it removed my TN went into remission too. I then triggered it off again 10 months later by having my wisdoms removed… 2 months after that I had the tumor removed again and my TN went into remission again.

Thankfully the tumor has not re-occurred and neither has the TN.

This is all too much of a coincidence for me but doctors say they are not related in any way. If there is anyone out there that has had a similar experience I would love to look into this more

No comments:

Post a Comment